Earn College Credit | Western Technical College-美高美网络平台游戏

Earn College Credit in High School

每年, hundreds of students in our district take advantage of Western's dual credit options to earn college credit while still in high school. 这种方式, when you get to Western, you won’t have to retake something you already took in high school - saving you time and money! Plus, it's a great way to explore careers before you commit. Read more about the available opportunities below.


现在开始上大学 is a program that allows eligible high school juniors and seniors to take courses during the school year either on Western’s campus, 在线, or through distance learning.  You can even earn dual credit from your high school and Western for these courses. Your Western 招生 Coach can assist in determining appropriate courses. 

Students must be enrolled in a public high school, have completed 10th grade with good academic standing, meet course prerequisites, have written approval from a parent or guardian, and have an acceptable disciplinary record.

The school district is responsible for tuition, 课程费用, and books for approved 现在开始上大学 courses that are not comparable to courses offered at the high school.

Important Application Deadlines

Application must be submitted to the high school by the following dates.

  • 3月1日为秋季学期
  • October 1 for spring term


For additional information, contact Caitlin Locy at locyc@plan-net-mkt.com or 608-789-6022.

Release of Student Information

You have certain rights under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) concerning your school records. All other student information (excluding directory information) will be treated as confidential information and is subject to disclosure requirements.  This means that student information (excluding directory information) may not be released to anyone without your written consent.

To release your student records to your parents, guardians, or anyone else, 请 complete the Release of Student Information Form.


Transcripted credit courses are Western courses taught at your high school by your high school teacher. Once you enroll in and successfully complete the course, you will receive dual credit from your high school and Western. In fact, you will even have a Western student ID and transcript when you are done.

信用记录 Agreements

Yearly agreements for all schools are listed by school year. Each document recognizes which high school courses were aligned for transcripted credit during that school year.


Western is offering the following academies for high school students:

  • Agri-Business Science Technology
  • 汽车学院
  • College Transfer Academy
  • EMT学院
  • Firefighter/EMR Academy
  • 健康科学 & Pre-Nursing学院
  • IT/Cybersecurity Academy


Advanced Placement (AP) Exams

AP courses are administered through local high schools, and the exams are created by an outside testing agency, 美国大学. AP exams are the final step you take after successful completion of an AP course. If your school offers AP courses, contact your AP coordinator to register for the exam(s). Western Technical College currently accepts 17 of the 38 AP exams available. For more information, visit the 标准化考试 page.